By private car
Rental available on reservation
3 possible itineraries.
- 44 min (58,1 km) via highways E420 and N25 (via Nivelles)
- 44 min (63,4 km) via highways E42 and E411 (Via Namur)
- 40 min (45,3 km) via the national road N25 (direct, but o highways)
Leaving the arrivals hall, after the Customs, get the direct bus ‘TEC Express – line A’ that carries you in about 20 min to the train station of Charleroi Sud.
From there, you can get the train to the station of Wavre (SNCB corporation*).
The price of the ticket SNCB includes the initial bus transfer and the following train journey to Wavre. le train + le transfert en bus. Buy your combined ticket online now, or buy it at the airport via the automatic ticketing machine.
* Official website of SNCB : Belgian Railways (NMBS/SNCB) lines S61 et S20
- Duration: 41min + 7 min
- Expected price: about 2€ - 3€
- Frequency: every hour
- Schedule & ticketing : https://www.belgiantrain.be/en or on letrain.be.
To check the train schedule, visit the la page de Charleroi Sud and click on the orange 'real time info' button.
To buy your combined ticket, key in "Charleroi-South Airport" as departure station (or destination) on the la page d’achat (the buy page) and select "Billets Charleroi Airport" as product produit. Finalise your order in a few clics.
To check the bus schedule, go to le site de la TEC & selct the right departure time.
Taxis and Shuttles
Shuttles : there is no direct shuttle between Charleroi & Wavre ; you have to travel trough Brussels.
Once in Brussels, you can take a train to Wavre.
Shuttle between Charleroi Airport (CRL) and the train station Bruxelles Midi (Brussels South). (Booking recommended.)
- Departure: in front of the terminal
- Arrival: Brussels South Station (Gare du Midi) located rue de France, Brussels.
1) https://www.brussels-city-shuttle.com Service operates from 4h30 to 23h59. Buy your ticket online!
- Best price guaranteed (max. 14.20 € per journey)
- No waiting time at the locket or the free-service machine.
- Paiement to the driver only by bank card (no cash).
- Fast Track at Charleroi airport only by internet booking
- The line "Brussels City Shuttle" is operated by white & blue busses carrying the logo of Brussels City Shuttle.
- The service operates all day, between 5h and 20h30
- Price: about 5 € per journey.
Semi-private taxis allow to travel directly to Wavre.
For 1 to 4 people= 57,00 € per journey
Book online or via e-mail (Price quote before you complete the reservation)
Book your shuttle on line via the site Transfer to and from Charleroi airport
It is very simple to get the exact cost of this taxi service by using our Online alculator
Carefully fill the reservation form: Transfer2Airport wil contact you asap by phone or SMS to validate your booking. Subsequently, you wil receive a confirmation email with all your booking informations and the accepted price.
The paiement of this "taxi service " will be done the day of your travel, directly to the driver, in cash or by bank card (Bancontact, Maestro, MasterCard et Visa).
Contact : +32 470 283 145 or
Estimated price: 55 € for 65 km.
Duration: about 44 minutes