Recent cultural activities
· 21.12.19 - Wavre - La Sucrerie. Christmas concert. The famous boys choir Les Pastoureaux, composed of young man aged from 7 to 14 year with heavenly soprano and alto voices, has given a magnificent Christmas concert in the brand new concert hall La Sucrerie. Also on stage, the great soloists Marc Grauwels (flute), Sophie Halynckx (cello) and the Chamber Orchestra "I Virtuosi di Waterloo".
· 19.05.19 - Wavre - City Hall. The Chamber Orchestra "I Virtuosi di Waterloo", has given an brilliant concert starring Marc Grauwels, flute, Jean-Frédéric Molard, violin and Min Kyung Chun, flute. Miss Chun is one of the jong talents coached by M. Grauwels during the Master Classes 2019.
· 17.02.19 - Wavre - City Hall. The Trio Astor KLEZMER, conducted by Marc Grauwels, a very loyal flute teacher of our Master Classes, but also the Joëlle STRAUSS (elegant violin player and singer) and Christophe DELPORTE (the most talented accordion player) performed an amazing concert dedicated to the music of central Europe.
The event was organized by the non-profit organisation Tagast (www.tagast.be) active in helping pastoralists in Niger and looking for funds to support a school in Ib’Dnaza, Niger, caring for 110 children.
· 04.12.18 - Louvain-La-Neuve - The symphonic Orchestra OSEL, under direction of Philippe Gérard, has given an extra-ordinary concert in the Aula Magna chamber. During the 2018 Master Classes of the RMIW, several members of the OSEL have auditioned pupils. They selected the young pianist Robert Creimerman, 17 ans, from the class of the soloist Christian Beldi, to perform the 1st concerto for piano by Beethoven.
· 04.10.18 – Wavre-Basilic Notre-Dame de Basse Wavre - Concert Samuel Hasselhorn, 1st finalist of the Queen Elisabeth contest 2018.
In partnership with the Festivals of Wallonia, the City of Wavre and the Syndicat d'initiative of Wavre.
Samuel Hasselhorn, baryton and joseph Middleton, piano
· 05.10.17 - Wavre, Church Saint-Jean-Baptiste : Concert Victor Julien-Laferrière, 1st finalist of the Queen Elisabeth contest 2017.
In partnership with Les Festivals de Wallonie, the City of Wavre and the Syndicat d'initiative de Wavre.
Victor Julie-Laferrière, cello and Guillaume Bellom, piano
· 17.02.17 – Wavre: Trio Astor Klemzer - Marc Grauwels, flute - Joëlle Strauss, singing & violin - Christophe Delporte, accordeon. Support to the non profit organisation TAGAST.
· 30.09.16 – Wavre, Church Saint-Jean-Baptiste : ‘The Oriental origins of organ. In the context of the Festival musical du Brabant wallon’. - Arnaud Van de Cauter, organ. - Keyvan Chamirani, percussions. - Adrien Mabire, cornet and flute.
· 15.10.15 – Wavre, Church Saint-Jean-Baptiste: in the context of the Festival musical du Brabant wallon – Royal Chamber Orchestra of Wallonia, with director Frank Braley, piano.
Solist : Maxime Van Heghe, trumpet.
· 14.06.15 – Wavre, City Hall : Cycle Spring of Freedom – Marc Grauwels, flute and Yves Storms, guitare, with the 'Récitants de l’Académie de musique de Wavre'.
· 12.10.14 –Wavre, Columban Space - * In the context of the Festival musical du Brabant wallon – Cycle ‘At the crossing of balcanic traditions and tango’ – Trio Astor Klemzer – Marc Grauwels, flûte - Joëlle Strauss, singing & violin - Christophe Delporte, accordeon.
· 11.05.14 - Wavre, Church Saint-Jean-Baptiste : Concert Jean-Claude Van den Eynde, piano - Véronique Bogaerts, violin - Sarah Dupriez, cello. With the participation of Yannick van de Velde, piano (semi-finalist of the Queen Elisabeth Competition)